I’m on a quest to explore and blog more on splendid vegetarian dining experiences. It was great treat to finally eat at Leafy Greens Cafe, a lovely place tucked away on an farm just outside Johannesburg in the Muldersdrift area.
I have listed my Top 5 reasons why its a lovely restaurant:-
- Its location – Lovely setting in the garden on a farm away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
2. The menu is TOTALLY vegetarian/vegan with an array of fresh options.
3. The food is all freshly prepared and sourced from their own organic garden.
4. The buffet selection which is available Friday – Sunday looked extensive and very fulfilling. We opted to order from the menu, I had the Beetroot Burger – Homemade beetroot and bean patty, with vegan BBQ sauce, greens, sprouts, avocado, salsa and artisan mustard. One of the best burgers I have tasted in while.
My husband had the Baked Pizza – Gluten-free base with toppings of your choice. spinach, olives, garlic, fresh tomato, rocket, avocado, eggplant, onion, artichokes, peppers.
5. There’s a shop that sells organic vegetables, a selection of vegetarian food items and skin care products.
The cafe has a relaxed natural feel in beautiful surrounding. Our timing was perfect as the restaurant was not that busy, which apparently gets, especially on weekends.
A Friday afternoon well spent.