Orlando (Florida) is a delightful family holiday destination, it’s such a pity that they have such severe hurricanes. We were lucky to arrive back to South Africa just before hurricane Irma. Some areas were badly affected, its great read about their recovery process and plans.
Having visited Orlando before, the hotel we stayed at was conveniently located within proximity to Walt Disney World’s theme parks and all of Orlando’s area attractions in a tranquil setting.
The Four Seasons Resort Orlando ticks all the boxes that make a hotel a perfect holiday choice – service, comfort, food, and hotel facilities.
The resort offers a perfect blend of experiencing Walt Disney World (which is the core reason why families travel to Orlando) and offers the Four Seasons experiences of exceptional quality, wonderful hospitality, and excellent service.
Located inside a residential estate, there’s a calm, relaxed atmosphere in this estate. The Four Season Resort Orlando is surrounded by natural beauty and offers comfortable amenities—from exceptional accommodation to fine dining to golf to a world-class spa and the complimentary Kids For All Seasons kids camp. (A hotel with kids club is extremely convenient when you travel with kids. )
Contemporary style rooms, the hotel has 443 rooms including 68 suites. The rooms boast iPads and offer free WiFi, 24-hour room service, LED TVs with cable, stunning marbled bathrooms (with TV inset in the mirror) and an Nespresso coffee machine.
We had 2 interleading rooms and both rooms were very spacious and comfortable – Full bathroom, small work area and balcony with views of the property. The lounge area with a sleeping couch was a decent size.
There are 5 restaurants and a Bar on the property. I like the fact that you can have dinner at a different restaurant and they have taken kids into consideration at all the restaurants.
- A rooftop Spanish-style steakhouse and lounge specializing in expert cuts, tapas and seafood.
- The southern-inspired poolside restaurant including fresh Florida seafood, fish tacos, healthy salads, rotisserie chicken and more. It has beautiful setting overlooking the lake.
- The golf clubhouse restaurant serving Cuban-American cuisine with signature dishes such as the Cubana sandwich, guacamole and the chorizo burger.
- Ravello restaurant
- The main hotel restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was by far my best meal, so much to choose from – juice & smoothie bar, breakfast omelette station, assortment of traditional breakfast offerings, charcuterie and so much more.
- On Thursday and Saturday they have what they the call the Character breakfast with Goofy & His Pals. My nephew was elated, having Mickey, Goofy and Minnie at breakfast was the highlight for him. Seeing his face light up with pure joy to meet the character was priceless.
- Lickety Split
- This was my highlight, a coffee shop on site with easy go items like snack packs and sandwiches. They also have light breakfast, lunch, supper and ice cream.
Other Resort Features: –
- The resort has 3 outdoor pools – one for Adults ONLY.
- This is a perfect place for couples and adults wanting some quiet time. Its extremely peaceful in this area.
- Outdoor volleyball, tennis and basketball courts.
- A fitness centre
- Decent size hotel gym with the latest gym equipment.
- They have fitness classes for guests that run 7 days a week.
- Water park which boasts a 242-foot-long waterslide.
- An 11,008-square-foot lazy river.
- Free theme park shuttle and a Disney Planning Centre.
- Found having the Disney Planning Centre inhouse makes it easier to access any other information on the Disney Theme Parks.
There’s something for everyone at the resort, great way to enjoy the outdoors and also stay healthy while on holiday.
The resort is an oasis removed from the hustle and bustle associated with a theme park resort.
Our morning runs were another highlight of our trip, the environment lent itself well.
The Four Season Resort Orlando is a great addition to the the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando. Its a perfect location for families and couples.
Look out for my next blog on visiting some of the Orlando Theme Parks.
Another splendid hotel!