As I write my final blog post for 2016, I take this moment and reflect on the year that was…what a tough year. I am grateful that through all the curve balls that life threw, I still managed to do some travelling and will forever be grateful for the memories created along the way.
Our final trip for the year was Seychelles, Mahe Island. We landed in the evening and were booked to stay at Banyan Tree. When we arrived at our hotel we were unaware of the beauty that was surrounding us. We could smell the warm sea breeze and the sound of the crashing waves.
Banyan Tree is right on the beach front, surrounded by palm trees and nature – a true tropical sanctuary. The resort is nestled in Intendance Bay along the southern western coastline of Mahe. It’s a perfect hotel if you are looking for a quiet stay in-house but less ideal for those who are looking to tour and be in the hustle and bustle of things.
- The hotel has 60 one or two bedroom air-conditioned guest rooms which features a king bed, a pool, jetpool, open air dining, outdoor shower, WiFi, telephone, tea & coffee-making facilities, TV, DVD/CD player.
Facilities & Activities
- Infinity pool, Tennis Court, Gym and Yoga.
- Complimentary snorkeling.
- Diving and Fishing are offsite and can be arranged at a fee.
- Fishing also has a charge.
- Banyan Tree Spa – is on my top 5 spas, the attention to details and the service at the spa were phenomenal. One of the best massages, in the most tranquil setting surrounded by palm trees with amazing sea views.
Dining & Restaurants
The resort’s restaurants offer a variety of local and international dishes.
- Au Jardin d’Epices is a buffet restaurant which does breakfast, light lunches and International cuisine for dinner.
- Saffron restaurant offers Thai and South East Asian cuisine.
- Chez Lamar offers Creole cuisine and I had a delicious vegetarian stew, the veges were cooked to perfection, the sauce well-seasoned.
Other dining experience is the In Room Dining and La Varangue lounge bar which serve burgers, sandwiches, pizzas…
The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, we were looked after by Sam who ensured that all our requirements were met with a smile, the service at the resort is top-notch.
The break came at a good time, I was mentally and physically exhausted. A fantastic location to recharge my body, soul and spirit. I took walks along the beach, swam and ran in the resort and made the most of the tranquil resort.
I could not have asked for a better way to end the year.
Another Splendid Experience!