“You’ll know the people that feed your soul…because you’ll feel good after spending time with them…”
My #ThrowbackThursday blog post is from a trip that we took early in the year – a girlfriend’s getaway to celebrate life and friendship. My soul was fed! #Blessed #Grateful
As I reminisce on this trip, I realise just how lucky I am to have friends that have a love for travelling.
What we did
We ate, attempted to spend some time at the beach, we went to the SPA and took a scenic drive to Knysna had lunch and walked around the town.
Where we stayed
A stunning property on a golf course with great views all round, hotel rooms are nice and spacious. A perfect place for golfers, families, friends and couples.
The hotel has 100 guests rooms, the room that we were booked in was a decent size.
- All of the rooms feature a luxurious marble bathroom with a separate bath and shower, flat-screen TVs, with cable and satellite channels, high-speed Internet, minibars, and coffeemakers.
- Luxe rooms offer mountain or ocean views from private balconies.
- Upgraded rooms feature glass-enclosed bathrooms with free-standing tubs, as well as free breakfast and snacks.
- Suites have a living rooms and kitchens.
Facilities & Activities
- Rooftop Terrace
- Freesia Spa, Fitness Centre and Outdoor Swimming Pool
- 18-Hole Championship Golf Course
- 8 km of Hiking Trails and a Tennis / Squash Court
- 1 ballroom, 5 meeting rooms & Wedding Chapel
- Multimedia facilities and Wi-Fi in all meeting rooms
- Camp Oubaai Kids’ Club
Three restaurants are found at the hotel:-
- Cucina Restaurant – The hotels main restaurant, has a great breakfast buffet selection and decent lunch menu.
- Waterside Grill – This is the hotel signature restaurant, gorgeous interior and overall great food.
- Ouibaai Clubhouse – Very relaxed lounge and bar, had the best Nachos and hot chocolate here.
Where we ate when not at the hotel
- Serendipity Restaurant
- We celebrated my bestie’s 35th dinner that was organised by the sister and must say the restaurant was a breath of fresh air – top quality service and uniquely South African gourmet experience.
- Rudolf, Lizelle and the staff were perfect hosts, they even baked a cake for my besties birthday.
- This is one of those restaurants that are a must for anyone travelling to the Wilderness. The drive from George was worth it.
- We took a scenic drive from George to Knysna and had lunch at East Head Café, another hidden gem with spectacular views looking directly through the Knysna Heads.
“East Head Café is more than just a café or coffee shop, it is a local Landmark where family and friends have a good time with good food and casual wine enjoying life.
The trip was well organised, high 5 to my bestie for the comfortable stay, i think we are due another trip.
Another Splendid Experience!