My #TravelTuesday post is from a trip I took to Dubai .
My visits to Dubai have either been in transit or for business, the longest I have ever stayed there was 3 days and I was in training for most of my stay. I never really considered it as a holiday destination.
I had read about all these amazing things that one could experience but for some reason, it was never on my bucket list as a holiday destination. When an offer was put on the table for a family vacay to Dubai, I did not pass on the opportunity.
I must say, I was blown away by the sheer amount of activities available for families, couples and even friends – Dubai is a truly cosmopolitan City.
Where we stayed
We stayed at Jumeriah Beach Hotel, with spectacular views of the Arabian Gulf, the Burj Al Arab and its very own private beach. This hotel is indeed ‘The ultimate family lifestyle experience’
The hotel has a lot to offer:-
- There are 599 ocean-view rooms, 19 traditional Arabian styled beachside villas equipped with the latest technology and wireless internet.
- Six swimming pools and Complimentary access to Wild Wadi Waterpark.
- A Pavilion Sports & Leisure centre, tennis courts, watersports, Talise Fitness centre with the latest Technogym, PADI dive centre and a climbing wall.
- Talise Spa with saunas, massage rooms, hot tubs, Jacuzzi, steam room and plunge pool.
- Sinbad’s Kids Club.
- 5 sensual signature restaurants, including Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean, Latin American and Lebanese, a selection of casual restaurants and 3 bars.
Jumeira Beach Hotel has everything for everyone!!
What I like about travelling with kids is that they somehow unleash the inner child in a person.
We fully immersed ourselves with the all the available hotel activities. We swam, spent the day at Wild Wadi water park, experienced a bit of water sports and ate at the child friendly restaurant.
Overall the experience at Jumeira Beach was fantastic, great staff and great overall service.
What we did?
We did venture out the hotel and tried out tried a few child friendly activities:-
- Ski Dubai – an indoor ski resort located at the Mall of the Emirates. Ski Dubai is suitable for all levels and has a lot to offer from tube slides, sightseeing in the chairlift, jumps to a 3,000-metre interactive Snow Park and Zip Wire…this indoor ski resort that has it all. You don’t have to worry about ski clothing or equipment either, Ski Dubai offers guests the use of winter clothing, ski and snowboard equipment.
- Atlantis the Palm Aquaventure Waterpark – Another exhilarating experience with an abundance of waterslides. The highlight for us was the Dolphin encounter we did, we got to play and swim with the Dolphins – a truly once in a lifetime experience.
Other popular activities?
- Dubai Fountains – ‘A captivating water, music and light spectacle in Downtown Dubai.’
- Burj Khalifa – The world’s tallest building and impossible to miss from the moment you arrive at in Dubai. The highlight being the observation deck with magnificent views of the entire landscape of Dubai.
- Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo – One of the largest suspended aquarium in the world, located on the Ground Level of The Dubai Mall. Experience the Underwater Zoo now!
- 4×4 Dubai Desert Safari Dubai with Quad Ride, Camel Ride, BBQ Dinner and Belly Dancing – Venture out to the dessert of Dubai and embark on the exhilarating camel ride or quad biking experience followed by dinner in the dessert.
- Shopping Experience – Depending on what you are looking for, Dubai offers a varied shopping experience; The Dubai Mall, the Mall of Emirates, Global Village, Deira Gold Souk, Wafi Mall…etc
I found the Dubai Mall a bit overwhelming, I do love the fact that the malls close late.
Dubai has a lot more on offer, ultimately it all depends on the type of holiday and experience you are looking for.
Best time to travel is November – March which works out well for families looking for a different holiday experience.